[Summit] #49 bus elimination; also RIPTA to Logan Airport

Breslers breslerfamily at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 08:57:42 CDT 2014

If that is the bus that goes down Hope Street , it is not only too
infrequent, it is undependable. (It used to be somewhat close to the
schedule they gave out.) Maybe it is due to the highway & traffic, now
included in the route, but it is still a problem.
I live on Hope. Afternoons, I have seen people standing for up to 1/2 an
hour, or more, across from my house when I was gardening.
Some of them are people who have come from medical appointment's at the
hospital.
On several occasions, in hot weather, I have given people bottles of water
because they looked unsteady on their feet. Or once when it was cold & wet
I gave an older man a cup of hot tea. He definitely needed it. That was
after the bus FINALLY came, and probably because it was in such a hurry to
make up time, it went roaring by him.  I've seen that several times.

My neighbor says she often has to give up and pay for a cab to get to work
on time.
Apparently there is also supposed to be some tracking app, but when the
buses are really late, it mysteriously doesn't track.

Mrs B