[Summit] Car break ins

Michael McGlynn mmcglynn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 12:14:08 CDT 2014

I sent this to Cheryl Simmons, but am reposting here.

I ride my bike daily to work along North Main Street. I will occasionally
see a pile of windows glass along the stretch that border the North Burial
Ground, indicating to me that a car break in occurred. Monday morning I saw
no less that 7 of these glass piles at regular intervals.

I am going to assume that this occurs at night when a long line of cars
parked in that area, probably for the 2 nightclubs close to that stretch.

My guess is that not all of these get reported due the lateness of the
hour, the vehicles owner's level of sobriety being incompatible with police
interaction and the fact that some folks may be from out of town/state.

Nonetheless I think that many smashed windows is pretty disconcerting, and
information not likely to disseminated via regular channels.

--
Thank You,
Michael McGlynn