[Summit] WARNING on Electricity Services being Sold at the Door tonight

Breslers breslerfamily at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:11:56 UTC 2015

We received a visit this evening from someone selling "green energy" on a
plan that would supposedly save us money.
He repeated his points multiple times, so my husband believes he heard
correctly.
Luckily we did not sign up, because when we checked on line, the info we
were given didn't seem to add up as described. And in more than one aspect.

We are posting this to remind everyone that the
electricity-providing-services now are kind of the "wild west", like when
the phone monopolies broke up, years ago.

AND No matter what company you use, they all have to pay the "delivery"
costs for using National Grid's wires.

About a year or so ago, I investigated the general issue. Most of these
services ARE a contract for a year, with rates only guaranteed for 6
months. Some companies are new, and unsophisticated at handling complaints,
or processing your desire to LEAVE them. Others have been around for years,
starting in other states, plenty with years of multiple complaints by
consumers, and even by sales folks- given deals to work for them, sometimes
not even receiving their commissions.

No company had glowing recommendations.

Please friends- don't let yourself be rushed into leaping before you look.

Mrs B