[Summit] pipes

Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur mmlarthur at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:45:59 UTC 2015

At some point during the construction, we had a whole-house water filter
installed (it's a pretty simple fix and not too expensive), after our
water stopped working due to the fixtures getting clogged with mud. Our
filters completely fill with reddish muck and typically need to be
replaced more often than the schedule suggests, particularly if
Providence Water has been flushing the system. I am not very well
informed on the matter, but I suspect there may be certain contents in
the sediment which could exacerbate the decay in the pipes.

-----
I'm not sure if we have rotting pipes but our water leaves a bright red sediment when it dries on the corner of our sink and it's clear from our fish bowl that the water is red.  Is that a sign of rotting pipes? We only drink the filtered water and I would love to solve the problem.

--
--Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur
mmlarthur at gmail.com