[Summit] the peeps in our 'hood

Christopher Buecheler cwbuecheler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 03:50:18 UTC 2016

No reason to be nervous! This is a very safe neighborhood with friendly,
attentive, concerned neighbors and LOTS of foot traffic - you're basically
never on empty streets unless it's late at night. I've lived here and been
on this list for three years and the total number of reported incidents has
been minuscule, and in all cases people were quick to take action by
helping each other, contacting the police, etc. To my knowledge, no one has
been harmed (which is more than I can say for my previous neighborhood, a
posher area near Brown that suffered from late night muggings on the
weekends).

This list can have a distorting effect because people (quite rightly) post
warnings, but what that really shows is that the people here care about
keeping each other safe.

I don't think posting pictures of people--particularly people who have not
been charged with any crime or harmed anyone else--is the right way to go.
If you do happen to end up in a situation that makes you uncomfortable,
make a beeline for the nearest other person. My experience with this
neighborhood is: they'll be happy to help out.

-Chris