[Summit] Parking Meters on Hope

Kim Clark ktcxyz at cox.net
Wed Mar 9 09:16:34 CST 2016

I agree with you Emlyn, the Buy Local campaign is one started by the city and the RI Foundation. Easy enough to preach “buy local”, but better to facilitate it by NOT installing meters in neighborhoods that were doing just fine w/o them. Is the revenue really worth it.

I not only don’t want them in Summit, I don’t want them staying in any of the new places they’ve put them. They are a quality of life issue and I don’t think the revenue enhancement is enough to justify them. There is already two hour parking which isn’t often enforced. Why not start enforcing that as a first step if it’s all about revenue.

                    Kim T. Clark
         www.RHODYCRAFT.com
              780 HOPE STREET
          PROVIDENCE, RI 02906