[Summit] Jackson Recall election set for May 2

Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur mmlarthur at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 17:10:24 CDT 2017

No one, least of all me, said anyone is obligated to fix every issue.
Rather when people are involved in working really hard and doing a good
thing, they may also want to think about and work to mitigate the
potential direct consequences of those actions, unintended though they
may be.

Given what is going on with the CSA, the Jackson recall is likely to
have specific negative consequences which really matter to the lives of
Providence residents, unless the CSA is passed prior to May 2. This is
because even the best possible replacement for Jackson would not be in
office until quite a while after the May 2 election date--the special
election can be up to 90 days after the recall election, and looking at
that and the City Council calendar suggests that Jackson's replacement
would attend his or her first council meeting in September.

Lives hang in the balance.

--
Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur
mmlarthur at gmail.com <mailto:mmlarthur at gmail.com>