[Summit] Street Sweeping

Jim kelley jameskelley4444 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:19:53 CDT 2018

Spring is almost here so I thought y'all might also be interested in this:

(From PVD site today)

Summer 2018 Street Sweeping Program – Tentative Schedule

This page was last updated on 04.09.18;

Street sweeping is conducted 10:30 PM to 7:00 AM, Sunday night through Friday morning to minimize the disruption to residents.

Sweeping is conducted on a ward-by-ward basis.  The second round of Summer 2017 has been completed and round three, Fall 2017, is now in progress.

The schedule below is subject to change based on inclement weather.

Street Sweeping Schedule – SUMMER 2018 – TENTATIVE
Ward            Scheduled Dates
7             APRIL 30 TH – MAY 3 RD
15           MAY 7 TH – MAY 10 TH
6             MAY 14 TH – MAY 17 TH
8              MAY 21 ST – MAY 24 TH
11           MAY 28 TH – MAY 31 ST
9            JUNE 4 TH – JUNE 7 TH
10         JUNE 11 TH – JUNE14TH
12        JUNE 18 TH – JUNE 21st
13        JUNE 25 TH – JUNE 28 TH
1         JULY 2 ND – JULY 8 TH
2         JULY 9 TH – JULY 12 TH
3          JULY 16 TH – JULY 19 TH
5          JULY 23 RD – JULY 26 TH
14       JULY 30 TH – AUGUST 2 ND
4         AUGUST 6 TH – AUGUST 9 TH

Sidewalks – abutters are requested to sweep sidewalks in anticipation of street sweepers. Citizens are also asked to clean sidewalks in front of vacant lots and public areas. Their cooperation would be most helpful since wind-borne litter carried from adjacent sidewalks and parking areas can nullify the results of a well-swept street. Street Sweeping is continuing on a nightly basis to address areas with continuing litter and debris issues.

If you have a location that needs to be swept, please contact DPW during normal business hours at (401) 467-7950 or visit #PVD311 to let us know how together we can keep Providence clean.

Best,

Jim Kelley