[Summit] Blackstone Estate Petition

Robert Mathiesen rmath13 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:45:53 CST 2019

Thank you, Gayle!  I had not heard about this petition, which can be read
here:

www.change.org/p/christine-west-save-historic-blackstone-boulevard-estate-from-demolition-8ac2ef17-f17a-4890-b6e2-c8c9e4444d1b

LIke you, I have no wish to see this estate turned into a park that will be
supported and maintained by the city.

Now that the era of endless economic growth and ever-increasing individual
prosperity is over forever, the sort of urban life and landscape which this
petition envisions seems to me to be unsustainable in the long term.

Let a group of wealthy nearby residents buy the estate and keep it as a
park at their own expense, if they wish to.  No one is likely to have a
problem with that.