Library Reopens Sunday, November 23rd
A Grand-Reopening Celebration is scheduled for Sunday, November 23 from
1pm to 4pm, with an official ceremony at 3 pm. "Various activities" are
Book Delivery Service
Friends of Rochambeau
have set up a volunteer book delivery service for library patrons who
have difficulty traveling to other branches during the renovation.
Library card holders who register for the service can order books by
phone or on the
CLAN website, and a librarian
Fox Point Branch
will call a volunteer who will pick up the books and deliver them.
For more information about this service, call Tom Arrison at 331-0056.
Drop Box, Bulletin Board
A new, bright yellow drop box has been installed on the corner of
Hope Street and Langham Road, right in front of the library.
The Friends of Rochambeau plan to attach a bulletin board to the
fence there and to post news and updates about the library renovation.
- The Providence Public Library
- The main site.
- Rochambeau Branch
- The library's Rochambeau branch site.
- Library Renovations
- A description of the renovations underway.
- Rochambeau Renovations
- The plans for Rochambeau.
- Cooperating Libraries Automated Network (CLAN)
- Search CLAN library catalogs online.
- The Friends of Rochambeau
- A volunteer group that supports our favorite local library.
Rochambeau's librarian, Sarah Weed, is actually a "regional" librarian
and she oversees operations at the two nearest branches, Fox Point and
Smith Hill. Both branches will have
beginning October 15th.
- Fox Point
- Rochambeau's resources, like the Russion language collection, the
CD and video collections and museum passes and subscriptions have
been moved to the Fox Point Branch.
Providence LINK Trolley
can take you to the Fox Point Library. Take the
Hope Street bus to Thayer Street.
Then catch the Green Line Trolley to Wickenden.
- Smith Hill
- Located near the corner of Orms and Smith Streets.